Re: GTK+-2.0.8 released

> > Sorry, I've lost track: can you tell me if gtk 2.0.8 supports Xft 2.0?
> >

> If you build it with Pango 1.1.x I think.

It does, yes, but I'm having trouble with apps compiled against Xft1
(typically GNOME2 from Ximian devel snapshots).

For some reason, it seems apps (as shown by a strace) scan for all
available fonts as it did with the first version of Xft (when there was
no caching) and take several seconds to start.

An easy fix is to reduce the number of directories listed in
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf

Probably not related to pango/gtk but rather Xft1 that comes with
XFree86 CVS. Well, I don't know, just thought you might like to hear
about that...

For apps compiled against pango 1.1.x, the problem doesn't show.

Cheers,
--
Olivier               <fourdan xfce org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.