Re: determine number of pages in a GtkNotebook
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: MHL Schulze t-online de (Martin Schulze)
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: determine number of pages in a GtkNotebook
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:03:10 -0400 (EDT)
MHL Schulze t-online de (Martin Schulze) writes:
> Maybe my former mail was not clear enough. So now in simpler words:
> - How can I determine the number of pages in a GtkNotebook-Widget?
> - Is is safe to use g_list_length(my_notebook.children)?
No, but you might be able to get away with it. The only documented
exported way of getting the number of pages is to use gtk_container_children(),
and you really should do that.
> - Furthermore: Will the pointers stored in my_notebook.children stay
> valid when inserting/deleting a page to my_notebook so that it's safe
> to use g_list_position(my_notebook.children, node) to determine the
> position of a page?
No. It's completely undefined what's in that list. gtk_notebook_page_num()
gives you the mapping from page widget to page number.
> - If yes, will these methods stay valid for future versions gtk-2.x.x?
There is no guarantee that anything other than:
- Member variables marked with /*< public >*/ and in the API docs
- Functions in the public header files that do *not* begin with _gtk_
Will remain public in future versions of GTK+.
] [Thread Prev