What's the difference between the UNIX signal and gtk signal?

Hi,

What's the difference between the traditional UNIX signal and gtk signal? I read from some articles that gtk signal is implemented at user level, not at kernel level as UNIX signal does. As we know, UNIX signal can be used as a kind of IPC method, so, can the gtk signal  be used as IPC between two different gtk process?

More, are there some good papers describing the implementation/theory of the signal used by gtk? (the 'Tutorial' and 'API reference' in gtk.org are not detail enough, frankly.)

Liang
--
Global Software Group, Motorola China
E-mail: A17094 email mot com