Re: Patch to specify out-of-tree gdk-pixbuf-csource for cross compiling

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The attached patch adds the configure option --with-gdk-pixbuf-csource
> > so gtk/stock-icons/Makefile.am does not try to execute an exacutable
> > which was built for the target platform in the case of cross
> > compilation.
> >
> > If you feel this is the right way to solve the problem, I'll
> > create a similar patch for GLib's glib-genmarshal.
>
> Can we figure out some way of doing it so that the same configure
> option could be passed to GLib, Pango, and GTK+ ... or maybe it could
> just figure it out from the values of $build and $host?
>
> (That is, if $build != $host, look for gdk-pixbuf-csource,
> glib-genmarshal in the path.)

Good point, as this is always needed for cross-compilation we
can well do it automatically.

What about

--with-gdk-pixbuf-csource=[PATH/auto]   If the built gdk-pixbuf-csource cannot be used to generate stock pixbufs, try to find one (auto), or use the binary specified by PATH [default=auto]

so cross-compiling people can still specify the exact location if
they have, in addition to cross-fu, some weird setup they may need.

ciao,
--mitch