Re: Thoughts on combo replacement

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 22:24, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 03:30:58PM +0100, Kristian Rietveld wrote:
>
> > I think different programs want different completion algorithms. So we
> > may have to create some API to change the completion function, and
> > provide a default one.
> Definitely.  Judging by the amount of time Trow and others spent
> working on this, I suspect it is non-trivial.

FYI, the completion work I did for Evolution is in GAL, in
gal/gal/e-text/e-completion*.[ch].  I certainly don't want to claim that
this code represents an optimal solution, but it does have a two very
useful features:

* Arbitrary completion algorithms are allowed.
* Algorithms are allowed to produce completions asynchronously.

Hopefully any future GtkCompletionThingie will also have these
capabilities.

-JT