Re: Rendering with xft and hinting

Around 23 o'clock on Mar 16, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

> Can it read that field in TrueType fonts that tells for which sizes
> the font is supposed to be rendered antialiased?

I don't know of such a field, what I do know is that some TrueType files
provide bitmaps at several sizes.  In this case, it's not clear that you
wnat to disable anti-aliasing at that size, but FreeType will pick the
prerendered bitmaps instead of outlines if you turn anti-aliasing off for
those sizes.

I don't currently expose the list of bitmap sizes for scalable fonts; I
think I could make this work if it would be useful though.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab