Re: pointer casts
- From: "Dan Maas" <dmaas dcine com>
- To: "Daniel Egger" <degger fhm edu>
- Cc: "GTK developers mailinglist" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, "Owen Taylor" <otaylor redhat com>
- Subject: Re: pointer casts
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:54:34 -0500
> > GCC has a non-standard extension that allows implicit casts
> > betweeen (void *) and any function pointers.
> "Even with an explicit cast, it is invalid to convert a function
> pointer to an object pointer or a pointer to void, or vice versa."
Violations of this rule could show up as a problem on architectures where
function pointers are "special," e.g. IA-64 and PPC64. Is GTK working on
] [Thread Prev