[no subject]

I do understand that copying the STL iterator model would be silly.  In
the STL, an iterator is just a concept -- there doesn't even exist an
iterator class or something.  Anything that behaves like an iterator is
an iterator.  This idea relies on too many C++ techniques to be useful
in C.

Nevertheless, I think that even limited iterators would be a great win
for C coders.  For instance, it might finally kill the urge to use
element indices in containers just for convenience and to hide the
internals (just think of the GtkCList API -- what a luck it's dead
now).  To become widely accepted, simplicity of the implementation is a
requirement, naturally.

Regards,
--Daniel