Re: g_error function names
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Dov Grobgeld <dov imagic weizmann ac il>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: g_error function names
- Date: 21 Jun 2002 10:14:27 +0200
Dov Grobgeld <dov imagic weizmann ac il> writes:
> I started using the GError mechanism and I encountered the function
> names g_set_error(), g_propagate_error(), and g_clear_error(). Shouldn't
> these be g_error_set(), g_error_propagate(), etc? Should I put this
> as a bug in Bugzilla?
I think there's a lot of sense in this naming convention. GError
functions that start with g_error_ work on the GError itself while the
functions ending in _error take the memory location of the error as an
argument. I've found this very convenient, please don't change it.
] [Thread Prev