keynav question

Hello,

I am working on a Gtk app where i want to have some standard
keyboard / icon based navigation to shift focus between widgets /
screens.

I see from some stuff at developer.gnome.org that this is already
being done to a certain extent.  Now my question is

- Where is the keyboard nav code to be found?  Where can i see how
the keyboard events are handled and processed?  (Im somewhat new w/
Gtk so the more specificity the better... ;)

Presumably this will allow me to answer my 2nd question...

- How can i emit these signals myself?

Thanks for your help,
Tapan

Tapan Parikh