Re: unref-erencing a GtkWindow

James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:

> You don't own the reference to the GtkWindow, so calling g_object_unref()  (or
> whatever) on it is an error.

Should we get a segmentation fault when one calls g_object_unref() on a
GtkWindow ? It would be nice if it could be protected.

How, then, can I own a reference to the gtk window ? In my case, this is a
GtkWindow that the user has put in my MDI container, and that the container is
now responsible for. However, I'd like the user to be able to specify that the
window should not be destroyed, just removed from the MDI control when the "X"
button in the title bar is pressed.