Re: glib: GTimer patch for elapsed time

Hi,

"Matthias Clasen" <Matthias Clasen poet de> writes:

> > In the process, I also added docstrings for all the functions,
> > that are consistent with the API reference on the web.  I can update the
> > web reference if someone tells me where the source lives.
>
> Its autogenerated from the docstrings, no need for furher action. But your
> doc comments are missing documentation for the return values of non-void
> functions. It should look like this:
>
> /**
>  *  g_timer_new:
>  *  @returns: a new #GTimer
>  *
>  *  Creates a new GTimer, and starts timing (ie. a #g_timer_start()
>  *  is implicitly called for you).
>  **/

I was under the impression that the return value should be documented
after the function is described, in other words like this:

/**
 * g_timer_new:
 *
 * Creates a new GTimer, and starts timing (ie. a #g_timer_start()
 * is implicitly called for you).
 *
 * Return value: a new #GTimer
 **/

at least that's what emacs inserts for me when I type
'M-x gnome-doc-insert' and I think it also looks cleaner.

Salut, Sven