Re: 64-bit analysis of the gtk+ library

"Shivram U" <shivaram upadhyayula wipro com> writes:

> 8. Lastly use of g_signal_connect() and friends. The handler ids returned
> are treated as 32-bit quantities, although they are of type gulong. Would
> that cause problems?

These aren't a huge problem since signal ID's are allocated
sequentially, so you need 2^32 connections before you have a problem.

But I would consider them bugs. Hard to fix bugs, if there are 'guint'
fields in public structures.

If you could file a single bug report with all the occurrences
of the problem, that would be great.