quick Qs about pixbuf manipulation
- From: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: quick Qs about pixbuf manipulation
- Date: 01 Jul 2002 17:47:28 +0100
I have a couple of quick questions that I hope someone can answer
regarding the most efficient ways to:
* modify a gdk-pixbuf's colormap on-the-fly
* access pixels on-the-fly
I need to grab an image, recolor and/or scale it, and render it back
into a GdkDrawable. Using gtk_image_get/put_pixel is *waaaay* slow.
Mostly I use gdk_pixbuf_scale () for the rescaling, but sometimes I need
a different scaling algorithm.
* should I write new gdk_pixbuf scaling algorithms for submission? or
* is there a better way to access the pixbuf internals?
As for recoloring it, seems like replacing the colormap before rendering
the image would do the trick, but I can't seem to find the right API.
Thanks in advance, apologies for posting a mostly "how-do-I" type of
question to *dev.
] [Thread Prev