Re: GtkTreeView focus drawing patch

Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:

> Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> >
> > Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > Here is what I hope is the last of the focus drawing patches for
> > > awhile...
> > >
> > > What it does:
> > >
> > > (1) increases size requests for tree/table cells to account for thicker
> > > focus lines;
> > >
> > > OK to commit?
> >
> > No.  Something is going wrong with cell sizing, leading to
> > incrementally larger cells everytime they change.  This needs fixing
> > before the patch can be applied.
>
> Ah, oops... sorry about that.  A misunderstanding about
> gtk_tree_view_column_cell_get_size dealt with requested_width.

Looks much better now.  Thanks.  There's one small drawing error I see
there.  If you use the high-contrast theme, start testtreefocus, and
move the keyboard focus to an empty square, it draws funny.  I filed a
bug about it, #69900.

> Please note that since the previous behavior of GtkTreeView
> (which isn't compatible with high-contrast themes) used,
> in effect,  GTK_STATE_NORMAL for all cell focus drawing, the
> color of selected focus rectangles in treeviews is changed by
> this patch.  If the previous focus color is desired
> for the default case, an entry in an rc file (defining
> fg[GTK_STATE_SELECTED] to equal fg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] for
> GtkTreeView widgets) is sufficient.

This should be fine.

> Please have a look and let me know if I may commit... it would
> be nice to have this feature prior to G2 Beta.

Please commit despite the above bug.  It's definitely better.  It would
be great if you could look at it, though.

Thanks,
-Jonathan