(GTK+ 1.2.10) CList background pixmap, and what is the best way to implement an animation

Hello all

I'm searching for a good way to do an animation with 3 frames, and how to set a backgroung
picture to a whole CList.
I've searched this mailing list but did not find anything apropriate.

for the background pixmap, do I have to divide the pixmap into several rows and
set that pixmap bit into a row?

and for the animation is better to write my own code(rotate a pixmap list with a timeout) or use gnome animator(which
it seemed that people doesnt like it?

I have gtk+1.2.10 and several libs for gnome. can anyone give me a hint?

thanks a lot. keep up the excelent work in providing this great toolkit for
the GNU comunity!

Luis Rosa