Re: glib-gettextize patch to handle Intltool [] tags

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:

> If we are adding regexes for support for an undocumented feature in a
> package adding extensions to the standard gettext POTFILES.in syntax,
> yes, we actually need a comment in the code.
>
> > +	    && (sed -e "s/\[.*\] +//" 					\
> > +		    -e '/^#/d' -e '/^[ 	]*$$/d' 			\
> > +		    -e "s  *@	$$posrcprefix& \\\\@" < $(srcdir)/$  in	\
> >  		| sed -e '$$s/\\$$//') > $ -t \
>
> Also, could you make the regex more explicit to:
>
> \^[.*\] +
>
> And move it _after_ the comment stripping. (Actually, with the binding to
> the front, it shouldn't matter, but it's better code organization.)

how about a patch containing this one:

# POTFILES is created from POTFILES.in by stripping comments, whitespaces
# and Intltool tags (enclosed in square brackets), and appending a full
# relative path to them
POTFILES: POTFILES.in
	( if test 'x$(srcdir)' != 'x.'; then \
	    posrcprefix='$(top_srcdir)/'; \