Re: glib-gettextize patch to handle Intltool [] tags

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:

>  A) Can you point me to the part of the intltool docs explaining these
>     tags? I'm curious as to the format, and couldn't find them in
>     a quick look in the docs or the intltool code.

I don't know where it's documented. I'm not an Intltool developer myself.

The basic idea is that there can be files with unknown (to Intltool) file
name prefixes, and you have to provide a file type for these in
POTFILES.in (since C files are parsed differently than XML files, for
example). So you include [type] tags in POTFILES.in, e.g.

[type: gettext/xml] src/parts/screwdriver.part

>  B) The patch will need an explanatory comment.

Isn't the ChangeLog entry ('Strip Intltool tags from POTFILES') enough?

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001