Re: Range patchlet

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Bill Haneman wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > Here is a two-line patch that fixes a small bug in the gtkrange focus
> > > drawing - note that without this patch, the focus indication is only
> > > visible on the left and top edges, and is clipped out of the right and
> > > bottom edges.  With this patch the focus indication is contained
> > > correctly inside the slider rectangle.
> > >
> > > OK to commit ?
> >
> > yep thanks, this is the standard off-by-one error with width/height.
>
> Actually, when support for wide focus indicators was added, we changed the
> interpretation of the rectangle passed to paint_focus; from Changes-2.0:
>
>      The rectangle passed in is the bounding box, instead of
>      the rectangle used in the <function>gdk_draw_rectangle()</function> call,
>      so it is no longer necessary to subtract 1 from the width and height.

Hmm, that may be so, but the patch still fixes the visible bug.  Perhaps
a better fix would modify the are rectangle?  Note that the rectangle is
obtained from a gdk_rectangle_intersect() call on range_rect (and
expose).

So maybe the real offbyone error is somewhere else...

(however the patch is in already, so a further fix would have no visible
impact I think).

-Bill