Re: gtk-engines update

On 20 Jan 2002, Glynn Foster wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 18:21, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > The way the theme switcher should work now:
> >
> >  - we should have a schema in libgnome for the theme name gconf key
> >  - theme switcher just gets/sets that key
> >  - gnome-settings-daemon propagates the key to the XSETTING
> >    for the theme name
> >  - GTK will pick that up
>
> Hrm, I was just thinking...maybe this should be per-session
> configuration? I'm trying desperately to think of a reason why but can't
> right now...it just seems like the right logic to have. But perhaps
> making it even easier than bringing up a capplet to change it would
> suffice instead?

Imagive having two sessions, one on a old pentium converted to x terminal
(or say a sunray) and one localy on a fast machine (say laptop) with
xrender and all the other goodies. You would want to use different fonts
and themes on the two for optimal perfomance/looks.

> 		Thoughts, comments ..
>
> 				Glynn :)

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding