GtkText* Storage/Retrieval

Hello,

I have been looking over the GtkText* widget and I must say that this is
an impressive piece of work. One thing that seems to be to be missing is
a Storage/Retrival system for it.

I was thinking that it would be quite simple to create an XML format
that could be used for this purpose. Something like the following:

<GtkTextBuffer>
 <GtkTagTable>
   <GtkTag name="underline" underline="1"/>
 </GtkTagTable>

 <Buffer>
   <Text>This is some text </Text>
   <StartTag name="underline"/>underlined<StopTag name="underline">
 </Buffer>
</GtkTextBuffer>

It would be simple to reconstruct a buffer using such a format using the
SAX facilities of libxml2. Initially I suspect that it would not deal
with pixmaps but support for that could probably be added.

Has anyone given any thought to something like this?

--
Owen Stenseth