Re: sorting-selecting-and-focus with GtkTreeView

mwoelke <mwoelke csc-dd de> writes:

> Hi there,
> i ve a question on how the focus is handled in GtkTreeView during
> sorting. when sorting a column gtk is aware of possible selections. the
> selected data remains the same after sorting. great, but what about the
> focus? the focus is not touched through sorting. is that the way it
> should be, or is there a way to have the sorting altering the focus??

The focus rectangle should remain where it is.  However, I think it may
not remain on the screen.  the question is, is it better to keep people
in the same spot on the screen, or bounce them around a focus rectangle
that they may or may not remember setting.

-Jonathan