The state of keyboard navigation

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I think there are at least some widgets that have keynav bugs, but not
> keynav patches...

I've just updated the keynav proposal tables at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/keyboardnav.html with an extra
column, listing what keynav seems to be in place as of Tuesday.
Executive summary: gtk is mostly keyboard navigable, but not necessarily
either consistently or in the way we proposed.

Of the things I've been able to test so far, I don't think there's
anywhere you'd get completely stuck if you relied entirely on the
keyboard, but there are still things you just can't do at all, like
adjust splitter bars or use the toolbar.  And once you've popped up a
tooltip from the keyboard, you seem to be kind of stuck with it...

Note that the results so far have been gleaned only from using the
gtk-demo and testgtk apps-- if there's anything in these that makes the
widgets behave differently (with respect to keynav) from how they would
by default in any other app, feel free to shout...

Cheeri,
Calum.