Re: Tooltips events

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Santiago Capel wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I am designing a variation of tooltips called GtkxBubble. I want my
> bubbles to disappear when they are clicked with the mouse. I have copied
> the code of tooltips and made some changes.
>

> The problem is that when I attach an event handler to the tooltip window
> (bubble window for me), I only get the events 10 and 11
> (enter_notity_event and leave_notify_event).
>
> How can I catch the event button_press_event?

gdk windows have event masks, so unlkess you request button press events
(gtk_widget_add_events()) you won't get them.

> Any clues?

a remark aside, i doubt it makes much sense to start a new tooltips
system without proper support by gtk internals, which will be required
to allow tooltips on NO_WINDOW widgets, respectively widget areas.

> Thanks!
>     Santi

---
ciaoTJ