Re: Dependency libraries and ABI

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
>  - Xft2 brings in other new external dependencies (expat, fontconfig)
>    expat is especially problematical because people tend to use
>    their own versions of it in apps, so unless it is symbol-renamed,
>    it is going to be a problem.

Maybe it makes sense for fontconfig/Xft to ship its own
statically-linked copy of expat that's been sed-jobbed into the
fontconfig/Xft namespace?

Which reminds me, I'm not sure we have strong ABI guarantees on
freetype either, or guarantees that parallel install will be provided
when the ABI changes, or any of that stuff.

Havoc