Re: static linking

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> I believe static linking doesn't quite work in current CVS because you
> can't compile in the input methods. So the static binary tries to
> dlopen them, which doesn't work, etc.

The problem is that the dynamic modules aren't built, right? Not that
it wouldn't work if they were.

And should be OK at least for profiling purposes, right? GtkIMContextSimple,
which is built in, should be enough for testing purposes.

Adding --with-included-input-methods is certainly a post-2.0 feature.