Re: broken accelerator changes

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 05:33:47PM +0100, Tim Janik wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > True, but 'bonobo disables it too' does raise issues of platform
> > consistency.
>
> 1) how/where's bonobo doing this
Michael is better suited to identifying exactly how it is disabled.
My bet is that it is a combination of explicity turning the feature
off and not implementing the xml support that would have been
necessary to handle user manipulated accelerators.

> 2) why is it doing that, this is not in the realm of bonobo to be
>    decided/changed. (a control center option would be apropriate though)
There was a thread on this in gnome-components when the new
bonobo-ui code was done.  I belive the main issue was handling
changes in the presence of merged menus.  eg if you changed the
accelerator for a merged component then unmerged your change would
seem to disappear.