Re: Accidentally exported functions

Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com> writes:

> There are four functions:
>
> gtk_tree_view_column_cell_render
> gtk_tree_view_column_cell_draw_focus
> gtk_tree_view_column_cell_focus
> gtk_tree_view_column_cell_set_dirty
>
> that should be made private.  I meant to move them ages ago, but forgot
> to )-:.  LXR indicates that no one is using them, and no one should.
> The first two will have possibly indeterminate behavior, and the last
> two will screw up internal state.  Despite the API freeze, I'd like to
> make them private and remove them to avoid someone thinking they have a
> different behavior and calling them.

I think at this point there is no problem in making accidentally
public functions private, especially if they don't do anything
conceivably useful and they aren't documented; I'd consider this
a header file bug rather than a API bugs.

(A stricter standard will have to be applied after we release 2.0.0,
of course.)