Re: unused for all platforms

Am Mon, 2002-02-18 um 15.48 schrieb Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann:

> why?
> p = *&p guarantees that p does not go into cpu register (its address is
> taken).

No, the explanation can be found in another mail from Sander Vesik.

> We use this construct as DO_NOT_CLOBBER(p) when using DCE exceptions.

You're relying on semantics of a special version on a special plattform.
This might even vary between different versions, OSes or CPUs and as
such should be used with extreme care because it might bloat the code
on a different plattform just to prevent a warning on another.

> which ends in many #ifdef/#pragma parts which not necessary improve the
> readability of code.

I don't specially care about the readability of a single block in a
header file because problem debugging and reproducing is much easier
in preparsed code anyway where only to correct and readable statements
will/should show up.

> BTW.
> What about implementing exception handling in terms of setjmp/longjmp like DCE
> does?

I'm probably not the right person to comment this question as I don't
know much about either setjmp/longjmp or DCE. Maybe you can explain what
this would mean and where the benefits are?

--
Servus,
       Daniel