Re: getting the "=" vs. "==" warning from glib in g_return_if_fail

On 2/11/02 8:33 AM, "David Helder" <dhelder umich edu> wrote:

> Are you sure you want to do this in the first place?  If errors are turned
> off (G_DISABLE_CHECKS), the assignment won't happen.  I don't know know
> where this particular code is from, but the assignment might be required.

Right, we don't want to do it. That's the point. Having an assignment in
there was a mistake. (Maybe you should re-read this thread.)

The proposal is to change the definition of g_return_if_fail so that it will
allow gcc's warning to warn about this mistake -- the way it's currently
defined prevents gcc's warning from firing.

    -- Darin