Re: Double key movement in gnumeric's TreeViews

Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> writes:
> 1) Any idea why this screws things up ?

My theory is that there are keybindings for Ctrl+foo and
Ctrl+Shift+foo, for example, and if you remove Shift as a valid
modifier these two bindings are suddenly triggered by the same key
since Shift is filtered out by gtk_binding_set_add_signal(). So
pressing that key runs both bindings.

> 2) Is this still necessary in gnome2 ?

GTK 2 is supposed to handle the situation you describe, at least it
was discussed ad nauseam. It's even more complicated than the problem
you mention, and really hard to solve in a genuinely correct way.
Masking out shift is not that way, needless to say. ;-)

I don't remember what code actually went in after the long discussion.
Owen and Tim will know.

My memory is that to fully solve the problem we need all keybindings
(including mnemonics, accelerators, binding set) to go through a
single global analysis, but that we had a "mostly working" solution
for now.

Havoc