Re: gtk+ lacks gtk_done()

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Stefan Kost <kost imn htwk-leipzig de> writes:

> Still, note there is no way to free any of the resources that GTK+
> allocates so I'm not really sure there is a big advantage to closing
> your module and unloading GTK+, and there may be problems initializing
> it again, even if you accept the memory and resource leak... it is
> almost certainly better to just keep your module loaded permanently if
> you can manage that.

right, there will definitely be problems, because all widget types are
static types, which means that their implementation has to stay in
the adress space throught the programs life time. another good example
are quarks, unloadable modules may never hand out a pointer to their
adress space to some read-only location, which we do a lot with
g_quark_from_static_string().

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

---