Re: -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 23:30, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> If anyone thinks I shouldn't do this, please let me know. I'm planning
> to roll a new pkg-config shortly.

if i understand you correctly then its the known problem that gcc cant
find /usr/local/include or other includes because it usually points to
the prefix one. so a lot of people add these patchs explicit to their
packages in hope they work.

the problem for gcc not getting all include paths (specially the most
common ones) is that people usually

cd <gcc-sourcedir>
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

and here is where everything starts to bork. i had these issues every
now and then myself in the past and found out that people shouldnt do a
simple 'make' they should do a 'make bootstrap' after this you can
expect getting a compiler that realize all directories. so at the end
its not an issue of pkgconfig or issue of bad written scripts that dont
find all directories. its more or less an issue of wrong compiled gcc.
i hope i dont have mixed up things now.

cheers.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de