Building Gtk+ from CVS

Hi,

I recently updated my GNOME2 development environment. I seem to have
some trouble getting it all up and working again...

When building GTK+ I get an undefined reference to XftDrawPicture().
This seems correct since I haven't build the latest version of Xft (as
part of 'fcpackage'). Xft doesn't want to build either (I've updated the
vicious-build-scripts and did a bootstrap.sh, which failed compiling
fcpackage.rc2/Xft, keeps complaining about undeclared "XGlyphElt8/16/32"
stuff).

So the question is: why doesn't fcpackage/Xft build?
Is Debian Woody that outdated already or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Arjan