Re: keybindings for scrollbars
- From: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>, "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM>, Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: keybindings for scrollbars
- Date: 20 Aug 2002 16:28:10 -0400
Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> > On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > >
> > > "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> writes:
> > >
> > > > Tim,
> > > >
> > > > What is the relationship between these key bindings and those defined for
> > > > GtkScrolledWindow?
> > >
> > > I think Tim means these to be for the ab[use] case where you are
> > > using a scrollbar instead of a proper scale widget.
> > not really "abuse", e.g. i noticed the lack of scrollbar keybindings
> > for a non-editable textview with a focusable scrollbar.
> In other words, you are trying to make up for a GtkTreeView bug
> by hacking keybindings into something that shouldn't have keybindings :-)
> I think it would be better to fix GtkTreeView.
"TextView". Fix the TextView. The TreeView is perfect....
] [Thread Prev