gdk color allocation

   Hello, I'm using gtk+-2.0.5 under the X Window.

GDK's non-deprecated functions *gdk_colormap_alloc_color/s* allow me to allocate a writeable colors (*PseudoColor* visual). But all the functions I've to use to change the color values (*gdk_colormap_change*,
*gdk_color_change* or *gdk_colors_store*) are *deprecated* .
Does this mean that this functions will not be supported in further versions of the library ?
   And what about the PseudoColor visuals in this case ?

Olexiy