gint64 on 64-bit architectures

Hi,

is gint64 a typedef to `long long' or just to `long' on 64-bit
architectures?  The same question applies to guint64 as well.

To know whether long and gint64 are always distinct types is quite
important in C++ code, e.g. for template specializations or function
overloads.  Note that I assume `long long' is 64 bit wide on 64-bit
machines, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd be nice if one of the 64bit gurus could clarify this.

Thank you very much,
--Daniel