Re: Is GtkIMContext a GObject or a GtkObject?

Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au> writes:

> I just noticed this discrepency:
>
> In the 1.3.10's Changelog the following new entries appear:
>
>  > Fri Oct 19 18:35:22 2001  Manish Singh  <yosh gimp org>
>  >
>  >   * gtk/{gtkentry.c,gtktextview.c}: since GtkIMContext derives directly
>  >    from GObject now, we have to use the g_object_* functions, not
>  >    gtk_object_*.
>
> and
>
>  >Fri Oct 19 15:08:30 2001  Owen Taylor  <otaylor redhat com>
>  >
>  >    * gtk/{gtkimcontext.c,gtkimcontextsimple.c,gtkimmulticontext.c}
>  >    modules/input/{gtkimcontextxim.c,imcyrillic-translit.c,iminuktitut.c,
>  >    imipa.c,imthai-broken.c,imviqr.c}: Make GtkIMContext derive from
>  >    GObject, not GtkObject. (#62621)
>
> but in gtkimcontext.h GtkIMContext still derives directly from
> GtkObject. Is this an oversight?

Yeah, fixed thanks.

This only is a question of a few wasted bytes per object and a bit of
conusion, of course, since the real determination of inheritance is
the call to g_type_register_static().

It would be wrong for a language binding parser to be trying to figure out
object heirarchies by looking at the structures in the header files.