Re: TextTag: varargs and language bindings

murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:
> Shouldn't there be a version of gtk_text_buffer_create_tag() which takes
> a va_list instead of ... ?

It's just a convenience function - is it convenient from C++? It's
only convenient because it takes a varargs list, would you want to
wrap that? i.e. in C++ it would be like:

 buffer.create_tag ("weight", PANGO_WEIGHT_BOLD,
                    "justification", GTK_JUSTIFY_LEFT,
                    /* is a cast required since we are untypesafe? */
                    (void*)0);

In C++ I'd imagine something more like:

 TextTag tag (buffer);
 tag.set_weight (Pango::WEIGHT_BOLD);
 tag.set_justification (JUSTIFY_LEFT);

I'm happy to add the varargs list if you want. Put a bug in bugzilla
so I don't forget, and stick it on 2.0 API freeze milestone.

Havoc