Re: GtkButtons and RUN_FIRST/RUN_LAST

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 08:48:30PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Luckily for progress, settling this is pretty much irrelevant at this
> point - the fact that Joel and Manish and you are doing bad hacks with
> connections to ::clicked that anticipate what the default handler did
> indicates that changing this at this point would be too incompatible,
> no matter what is correct.

	The fun part is that Manish and I, chatting over this, came to
the conclusion that if you were up to serious evangelism of the One True
Signal/Event Method, we'd go along with the new behavior.  I figure that
if we *are* going to change it, 2.0 is the time.  We're breaking
everything else, so why not? :-)  Backward compat is good, but a foolish
backward compat is the hobgoblin of Microsoft.
	Speaking of, can I get GEnumeration in?  *RUN*

Joel

--

"I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns, and
 women join the unqualified men in running our overnment."

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org