gtktext.c / invalid cast from `GtkWindow' to `GtkText'

Hi guys,
I made a modification to a GTK app, and got many of those warnings (at
initialization only):

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkWindow' to `GtkText'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktext.c: line 954 (gtk_text_insert): assertion
`GTK_IS_TEXT (text)' failed.

Do you have any idea what's going on? Another result is that at exit the app
crashes. I am new to GTK, and would appreciate any comment/advice about this.
Obviously the error is in the app, but the warning at run-time doesn't help me
much with finding the bug in my code.

Guilhem.