Re: Keynav implementation issues

>Owen Taylor wrote:
>
>> > Keynav for toolbars:
>>
>> I'd like to just not do this for 2.0 if possible. (See my other
mail.)

>Fair enough, I don't think that would be too much of a problem.  As you
>said in that other mail (and I said in my reply to it), anything that's
>on the toolbar should be accessible via the menu bar anyway, in the
>interests of good UI design.
>
>I'm cc-ing this "decision" to gnome-accessibility-list just in case
they
>have any major objections, though  :o)

MAJOR OBJECTION RAISED!

It's just not the case that everything in Gnome toolbars is in menus as
well.  And disabled users are often really annoyed that they cannot
traverse toolbars.  Blind users must take it on faith that the toolbar
items are duplicated in menus, if they can't traverse them!

I think that this is the wrong thing to do for many reasons.  It also
breaks some 'exploratory' modes for screen readers.

-Bill