Re: GtkLayout virtual set_scroll_adjustments ...

Hi Owen / Havoc,

On 25 Oct 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Are you saying you want to be able to hook gtk_layout_set_hadjustment
> and gtk_layout_set_vadjustment?

        Yes - that was the substance of it; but it was a silly idea, so
lets forget about it; I hacked around it only to find that it wasn't
really worth the biscuit.

On 25 Oct 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> What is it you're trying to do? (just curious)

        In fact I was trying to make the canvas zooming suck less -
looking at the current GtkLayout implementation of
gtk_layout_adjustment_changed it contrasts markedly with that in Gtk+ 1.2,
and I was hoping that by hooking this myself and re-arranging it to delay
the process_updates, or perhaps re-rendering the canvas, and then doing
the move - or some such trickery I could avoid the evil flickering we get
whilst zooming in ( canvas_demo ).

        Sadly, for reasons I don't understand, my various attempts to
solve the problem, move the move around, etc. failed horribly :-) clearly
more cleverness than is available here is needed to make it work nicely.

	I did discover that we should most likely have been using
XCheckIfEvent in bonobo to process only the destroys we wanted to sync.
with CORBA, without allowing scads of unrelated GUI re-enterancy pain, but
it's too late now.

	Sorry to bother you, again, again.

        Regards,

                Michael.