Re: radio groups in libglade

James Henstridge wrote:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> >>btw it is working in my local libglade - just a few lines of code.  i
> >>forgot to mention that owen had said it could possibly go in for gtk
> >>2.2.
> >>

> >Just a few lines of code to add support without the property, you
> >mean?
> >
> Jacob added a "group" property, which gives the name of another
> GtkRadioMenuItem in the group.  Using the custom properties code I
> recently added, it can point at previously defined widgets (libglade
> effectlively scans through the file from top to bottom creating the
> widgets).  If it was a real property, I have code set up to also handle
> forward references, which would be a bit safer.

The "group" property (or equivalent) in libglade would be very useful
for accessibility, we already have the notion of an AtkRelation called
"member of" which groups UI components together.  But currently unless
it's explicitly indicated in the .glade XML file, we can only use it for
radiobuttons and even then, not totally reliably for reasons related to
this whole thread.

-Bill