Re: update label patch, and gtktoolbar patch

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 20:44, Owen Taylor wrote:

> jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> > > You need to fix what the property reports, not change the defaults.
> >
> > ok, here's a fixed gtklabel patch, and is this gtktoolbar patch ok?
>
> The label patch looks fine, _but_ Matt Wilson pointed out to
> me today that although the default in GTK+-1.2 was CENTER for
> justification, it turned out that CENTER only half worked -
> it worked for explicit newlines in non-autowrapped labels, but not
> for auto-wrapped labels.
>
> (I think this is an a artifact of an earlier state where autowrapping
> implied fill justification.)

ok - this is why i had thought the default used to be LEFT.  after that
bug was fixed my dialogs had center-aligned labels which was weird.

> So, a lot of stuff gets justified strangly when you switch to
> GTK+-2.0; CENTER justification is pretty rarely useful. So,
> I think this means that we should switch the default
> to LEFT, which (IMO) is the correct default. Other opinions.
>
> The tooltips patch looks basically OK (though I don't know why you'd
> want to disable tooltips, especially programmatically...), with two
> comments:

me neither - but there is api for turning them off and on :/

i'll do an updated patch as soon as i can.

jacob
--
"Beat mixing is 10000 times more fun than even video games."
	-- bt