- From: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>, Joel Becker <jlbec evilplan org>, Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME_STOCK_EMPTY
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:54:19 +0100 (CET)
On 9 Nov 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:
> > there are quite a lot widgets you could put there to assure that the
> > correct space is allocated. The cleanest solution would probably by
> > to get a pixbuf from the stock system and call gdk_pixbuf_fill() to
> > clear it. I don't see why you would need an extra stock item for this.
> I would write:
> GtkWidget *alignment;
> int w, h;
> alignment = gtk_alignment_new (0.5, 0.5, 1.0, 1.0);
> gtk_icon_size_lookup (GTK_ICON_SIZE_WHATEVER, &width, &height);
> gtk_widget_set_size_request (alignment, width, height);
> Then you have a stock-icon-sized spacer.
sure that'd work. but isn't it a hell more inconvenient than just
having an empty stock item?
i can't see any good reason to not provide one.
] [Thread Prev