Re: inherited properties

murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:

> Does something_set_property() need to handle the properties of the base
> object too? That seems silly, but I can't think how else those
> properties could be set.

set_property() is special - it's not a standard virtual function in
that you have to chain up - GObject automatically calls the
set_property() function for the correct class.

This is the reason for the base_init member in the type info structure
- the base_init function does the work of clearing out the
set_property function pointer for the parent class before the derived
class is initialized.