Re: [Usability] Any lefties around?

On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 06:19, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Jeff Waugh">
>
> > I really should find the video, because the really interesting thing to come
> > out of it was that 2 out of the three left-handers hugged the LHS whilst
> > reading. The other one always followed the text with his mouse. ;) Not
> > enough people to be really insightful, but it was interesting.

I always put the mouse off to the side while reading, but now that you
mention it, probably 75% of the time it goes to the left side of the
screen. The other 25% I guess I put it over the button bars (top), but
very rarely on the right side.

> When my Mum - who was left handed - wrote on paper, she'd shift it to write
> sideways, for two reasons: So that her hand wouldn't smudge the ink, and so
> she could still see the context of what she was writing.
>
> Do all left-handers write like this, or is it further proof of the freakish
> genes I have inherited?

I'm left-handed and I turn the paper when I write too. However, with
regards to a computer I guess I am essentially right-handed. It annoys
the heck out of me to use another left-handers computer who has the
mouse on the left side.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org