Re: Replacing GTypeInterface instances.

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 16:31, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:

> > > Just add the interface again. g_type_add_interface_static().
> >
> > Excellent. Does this completely replace the GTypeInterface instance, or
> > does any strange chaining occur? I know I should explore the source but
> > it only seems to confuse me more.
>
> You pass in the interface init function, which will get a copy of the
> parent class's interface implementation, which you can override as
> desired.

So after using

g_type_add_interface_static(
    derivedtreestore_type,
    derivedtreemodel_type,
    &iface_info
);

I should be able to get the original TreeModelIFace by doing this?:

GtkTreeModelIFace* iface = g_type_interface_peek_parent(
  g_type_interface_peek(G_OBJECT_GET_CLASS(derivedtreestore_instance),
                       derivedtreemodel_type
  )
)

If so, then I think I have the framework done.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net