Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering

Buvo Pn, 2001-11-02 19:21-0500, kai Alan Cox rašė:
> > "Show me the research" or "show me user testing" is a throwaway phrase
> > that is incredibly hard to argue against but isn't really helpful to the
> > situation. We don't *have* the ability to perform the research for most
> > usability choices, and in many many cases the necessary research is not
> > widely published because its done by *companies* with an interest in
> > being the primary ones to gain the benefit from the information.
>
> So you are guessing ?
>
> The point is that you are proposing a disruptive change. If the best
> argument you have for a disruptive change is that its what was recommended
> by two minor OS's while currently we generally follow what the mass of
> people expect then its not much of an argument.

lots of dialogs  in windows have buttons in vertical order, so this argument
is not much true.

like

           [Save]
	   [Cancel]

And well, there is no Windows apps' style. Apps running on windows are
very incosistent in their style, design and behavior. You can talk about
Adobe or Microsoft style, but even then -- if you have ever used apps like
AutoRoute or whatever the encyclopedia is named -- their interface is
totally different from office apps.

Having action button the bottom-right ALWAYS, regardless of number of
buttons, at least gives one rule which is really easy to follow.

--
Gediminas
8-285-38560 :: http://menesis.lietuvybe.org/